UK/NL EUBG 2010
|Active||1 January 2010 – 30 June 2010|
|Country|| United Kingdom 22|
|Type||Rapid reaction force|
|Part of||European Union Military Staff|
|Garrison/HQ||London, United Kingdom|
The UK–Dutch Battlegroup or UK/NL EUBG 2010 (Dutch: Brits-Nederlandse Battlegroup or Nederlands-Britse Battlegroup) is an EU Battlegroup led by the United Kingdom, in which the Netherlands also participate. It was on standby during the first half of 2010, simultaneously with Battlegroup I-2010.
The core of the battlegroup was formed by the United Kingdom/Netherlands Amphibious Force (UK/NL AF), that has existed since 1972.
Composition and equipment
The Dutch provided the 11th Infantry Company of the Korps Mariniers, mortar support, medical support, a logistics detachment, a senior national representative and personnel for a combined headquarters staff. Within the battlegroup, the marines company is embedded in the 42 Commando Royal Marines.
In late November 2009, UK/NL EUBG 2010 conducted exercises, codenamed "Orange Marauder" in the Salisbury Plain Training Area. Evacuation operations, convoy escorting and patrolling, as well as staff functioning, were trained.
- ^ a b Volpi, Valerio (2011). Why Europe Will Not Run the 21st Century: Reflections on the Need for a New European Federation. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. p. 155. ISBN 1443830526. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- ^ a b Landstrom, Gustav (February 2007). "Enter the EU Battlegroups" (PDF). Chaillot Paper. EUISS (97): 88. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- ^ Bonaiuti, Chiara; Lodovisi, Achille (2010). Sicurezza, controllo e finanza. Le nuove dimensioni del mercato degli armamenti (in Italian). Milan: Editoriale Jaca Book. p. 273. ISBN 8816409274. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- ^ a b "Onderzoek NATO Response Force" (PDF). Parlement.com (in Dutch). House of Representatives of the Netherlands. 2006. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- ^ a b c "Nederland paraat voor snelle inzet". Defensie.nl (in Dutch). Ministry of Defence of the Netherlands. 3 December 2009. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- ^ "Brits-Nederlandse samenwerking mariniers". Defensie.nl (in Dutch). Ministry of Defence of the Netherlands. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- ^ John Hutton (25 March 2009). "EU Battlegroups". Hansard. House of Commons of the United Kingdom. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
TEU Article 42.3
This article about the European Union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
This European military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.